Dublin Walking Tours
Ingenious Ireland / Euroscience Open Forum 2012
Are you curious?! Ingenious Irelands’s unique guided walking tours of Dublin come with a twist of science. Led by entertaining and enthusiastic experts.
Scheduled walking tours:
- That’s ingenious! This unique inventions tour includes a goody bag! Discover the stories behind some ingenious Irish inventions, from the stethoscope to Sugru.
- Dublin Rocks! Historic streets, stones and stories: explore city history and architecture with lots of geology, in a stroll from the Viking city walls to elegant Georgian squares. Fossils and fascination guaranteed!
- Blood and Guts: just what the doctor ordered! A guided tour of 1,000 years of Dublin’s medical history, from plagues and potions to daring discoveries.
- Elephants and Earthquakes: the geek‘s guide to Dublin. Explore 500 years of Dublin’s rich history of invention, discovery and science. Come, and be amazed!
If you can’t make the scheduled walks, try the audio tours: download the pre-recorded MP3 story at www.ingeniousireland.ie, and take the tour at your own pace, when you want. A great new way to take a guided tour, and all for the price of a coffee! Plus, our family-friendly audio tours come with activity sheets for young explorers.
- Quaternions by the Royal Canal: celebrate a great Eureka moment in science with this podcast tour.
- Dublin by Numbers: puzzles, riddles and challenges, with a twist of mathematics.
- Short stories from the National Botanic Gardens: three audio tours of the beautiful and historic Dublin Gardens.
- Royal Irish Academy of Science and Arts: one of Dublin’s best kept secrets, its beautiful library, and scientific history.
Link for more info: http://ingeniousireland.ie/walking-tours/